Clients often wonder, “When should I send my email campaign?” In the past, I couldn’t give a straightforward answer. I would say, “It depends,” and mention a few reasons there isn’t a perfect answer. “Every person who receives the email is different… The purpose of the email matters… Being unique can help… It depends on the device they use…” While what I said was true, it wasn’t very helpful.
However, I have now analyzed our data and discovered useful trends to answer this common question. Keep reading if you’ve ever wondered when to send your emails. I think you’ll be surprised by what I found.
By studying thousands of email campaigns sent to millions of recipients, we have identified the most effective days and times to send your newsletters. Finally, we have a definite answer to this frequently asked question.
Know Your Audience
Before delving into timing strategies, it’s crucial to understand your target audience. Consider their demographics, preferences, and behaviors to tailor your email campaigns effectively. Age, occupation, and lifestyle can influence when people are most likely to engage with their emails.
General Email Timing Guidelines
Although real estate audiences may exhibit unique characteristics, certain general timing guidelines can serve as a starting point:
- Weekday mornings: Many individuals begin their workdays by checking emails, so sending your real estate emails between 8 am and 10 am on weekdays can increase the chances of visibility and engagement.
- Lunch breaks: People often browse their emails during lunch breaks, which makes midday (around 12 pm to 1 pm) another opportune time to send real estate emails.
- Early afternoons: Email engagement tends to dip slightly as the workday progresses. However, sending emails between 2 pm and 4 pm can catch the attention of those who take short breaks or have flexible schedules.
- Weekday evenings: When people return home after work, they have more time to dedicate to personal matters. Between 6 pm and 8 pm, individuals are more likely to engage with emails that offer value or pique their interest.
Consider Local Time Zones
Accounting for time zone differences becomes crucial when conducting real estate business in different regions. Ensure your emails reach recipients at an appropriate time in their local time zone, maximizing the chances of engagement and response.
Test and Analyze
While general guidelines can be helpful, gathering specific data about your audience’s behavior is essential. Conduct A/B testing by sending real estate emails at different times and analyze the open rates, click-through rates, and conversions associated with each timing. This experimentation allows you to refine your approach and identify the most effective time for engaging your audience.
Real estate markets often experience seasonal variations, which can impact the optimal timing for email campaigns. For example:
- Spring and summer: These seasons are traditionally popular for buying and selling homes, making it advantageous to ramp up your email activity during these periods. Consider sending emails on weekends when potential homebuyers have more time to explore listings.
- Holiday seasons: While some individuals might be less responsive during holiday periods, others may have time off work to browse through emails. Tailor your email campaigns accordingly, considering your target audience’s behavior during holidays.
Timing is a critical factor in the success of your real estate email campaigns. Remember, no one-size-fits-all approach exists, and continuous monitoring and adaptation are key to unlocking the full potential of your real estate email marketing efforts.