Home showings are very important to both the home seller and the home buyer. For home sellers, it’s the goal to sell the house, while the buyer’s goal is to make a decision on whether to buy it or not.
For home sellers, here is the checklist to close a deal with an awesome showing:
1. Home Showing in 10 Minutes
If the scheduled showing takes only about ten minutes to complete, you don’t have to declutter all parts of your house. However, make sure that all of the essential parts of the house are thoroughly cleaned and organized.
- Use fresh scents as a relaxation
- Clean the sinks and counters.
- Hide the clutter
- Remove all of the garbage.
- Arrange towels
- Open the drapes or blinds and turn on the lights.
- Keep toilets closed
- Organize the beds
- Secure pets not to stroll around
2. Home Showing in 30 Minutes
You should meet halfway through cleaning and decluttering your house if the scheduled showing takes around 30 minutes to finish. Homebuyers will typically examine the house’s functionality over aesthetics, such as the laundry room, kitchen, and bathrooms.
So, prepare to deep clean the following:
- Clean the clutter
- Sweep and mop floors
- Vacuum all carpets
- Secure your pets not to stroll around
- Clean and organize kitchen counters
- Clear out the kitchen sink
- Take out the trash
- Organize and arrange towels
- Turn on the lights and open the curtains or blinds
- Arrange the beds
- Put laundry away
- Make sure the everything smells good
3. Home Showing in 1 Hour
A scheduled showing in one hour is a bit tough as the buyer wants to examine all parts of the house. Deep cleaning, decluttering, and even repairing will make it handy.
- Keep valuables and prescriptions in a safe place.
- Vacuum or wash all the carpets
- Clear and clean countertops
- Clean all of the mirrors.
- Organize towels
- Throw out garbage
- Turn on the lights and pull open the curtains or blinds
- Sweep and mop all hard-surface floors
- Make sure everything smells fresh
- Clean toilets